The RL-5000 tracking device provides affordable, reliable, real-time GPS tracking for an individual involved in outdoor recreation or sporting activity. It uses the latest technology and provides a secure, web-based map interface through the My Location portal that shows current and historical location data. It also offers a comprehensive range of customised reports. Simple to operate, the RL-5000 tracking device can be used for $1 a day.
How it works:
By turning the GPS tracker on, a location is established from the GPS satellite network, sent via the 3G Network to Real Location’s servers. A person monitoring the device simply needs to have access to the Internet to access a web-based, secure monitoring application. The GPS location is shown in real time – updated every 10 seconds – and is accurate to within 3 metres*.
The unit can be fully charged within 4 hours and is turned on/off with a simple button. When turned on the unit provides 24 hours of continuous tracking depending on the reporting interval. A second button provides an SMS to a pre-determined mobile phone number which is set up as part of the initial provisioning of the service. The unit is fully waterproof and submersible to 1 metres. It can operate in temperatures between 5 degC and 45degC.
RL-5000 Tracking Device key features:
- Small – 75mm x 35 mm x 15 mm
- Lightweight – 55 grams
- Robust – won’t shatter when dropped
- Can send an SMS signal to predetermined phone number in case of distress
- Intelligent battery management facility – 24 Hour battery life (depending on timing intervals)
- Charges in 4 hours
My Location Tracking Interface key features:
- User friendly web-based tracking system with secure login
- Works internationally with major phone carriers
- Real time reporting
- Live location views and real time display of instantaneous speed and direction
- Individual and multi-tag tracking availability
*Location accuracy and reporting speeds are subject to GPS coverage and 3G network availability.
Our devices are not intended to be used as personal safety devices and they cannot provide the same reliability and services as that of an emergency position-indicating radio beacon station (EPIRB). Use of our devices and network is always subject to our Terms and Conditions and General Waiver.